In a message dated 1/24/01 4:30:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wolzphoto@worldnet.att.net writes:

Is it possible that we don't think of the engines as being reliable because
the vans themselves are so well built?  I've never owned an American vehicle
that went over 120K without it falling apart to the point that, if the
mechanicals had problems, the condition of the body was such that it was not
worth doing the mechanical repairs.

i second that....vw vanagons (the bodies) are incredibly well built (rust
nonwistanding, of course) but the fit and finish surpasses any chrysler and
jap minivan ive seen. also the interior is the best layout of any i've seen.

too bad the engines suck :<(

chris