Does anyone have a = "gentle" way of removing the slotted plug from the bottom
of my 2.1 L 87 Synchro?  I want to be able to put it back after I check the =
relief valve spring.

I tried a large scewdriver, but = started to booger up the slot.  So I stopped.
 I was going to run = down to the book store and see if the VW for idiots book
had any = ideas.  (It is written for aircooled, but they had the same slotted
plug = I think.)

Thanks.

John         = ;
I bought the "bug me video" (vol. 3) for my = beetle engine, and it shows how to do that. He squirts some penetrating oil on the = plugs and uses a very large flat tip screwdriver and a hammer and hits the = plugs at an angle to loosen them, with little effort. Although is not the = same doing this from underneath and laying on one's back, it can probably = be done. Hope this helps, good luck.

Hector
'90 Carat