In a message dated 1/30/01 9:12:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
derekdrew@rcn.com writes:

For the record and the benefit of the archives, the Michelin caller said
the direct Michelin replacement for the MXL tire that was stock on the
Vanagon is the MXT, which is a reinforced passenger car tire with 836
revolutions per mile. (Hey!, that's even slower!--Derek) He said you could
order these replacements by ordering Michelin part number 73568 and that
they had them in stock, but not a huge number of them.

For the uninitiated, the list wisdom is not to buy any passenger car tires
anymore, but at replacement time to try to shoot for light truck tires. You
can often tell these because they go up to 50psi. If your new proposed tire
goes up to, say, 40psi this is a hint that you may be buying the wrong
tire. So in any case, the advice of the list and my personal experience
would suggest that one not purchase these MXTs offered as replacements for
the discontinued MXLs.

Why do you conclude this about the MXTs?  I wouldn't use them for an off-road
Syncro, but for the vast majority of 2WD van and Syncro staying on the
highway, where do you find them defiecient?

Jim