Has anyone ever taken the time to = make an index for the bentley manual so that it is useable.   Every = time I grab that manual, I try to be patient, but I end up frustrated.  = The table of contents is so poorly laid out that I inevitably have to turn = to Haynes for information.   I would love to be able to find = info in Bentley too.   If anyone has made an index,  I'd love a = copy.
This is the main reason I advise people to buy = Haynes if they can have only one.  Cya Jay

Jay,
for me the key to less frustration using = the Bently is to forget about the table of contents... it's pretty much more = trouble than it's worth...

what I do is focus on the sections... like = engine, cooling system, FI system, etc... then just go to the appropriate = section and thumb through it...

another problem is that you need to pay = close attention to the model year at the bottom of the page... otherwise = you'll spend a half hour reading about something that may not apply because = you are reading in the wrong year....

to solve this problem I pulled the Bentley = apart sheet by sheet and then rebound it in two volumes... one for my year = and one for everything else.... saves space too....

then it's really easy to go to the = appropriate section.... fuel injections section and don't even have to worry about = year...

hope this helps...

Bill