I have a new switch in hand and = the column exposed, wiring dc'd, wheel out of the way.  Now...how do I get = the existing bad switch out and the new one in?  The key-lock part is = still in the top. I can see the bottom of the electrical part sorta.  = It is just the elec portion that I need to replace.
I tried Bentley, but it was = worthless as usual since it has no index.  I found the exploded pic in Haynes and = bentley, but neither tells how to remove/replace the ignition switch. =
Can anyone help?  VIQ is a = 1984 wolfsburg westy.  Thank you!

Go to Ken Wilfey's web site at www.vanagain.com and click on the = mechanic... there are instructions there...

Bill