From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf Of Lawrence Johnson
Sent: February 7, 2001 12:22 PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Re: Front Inner Syncro CV = Joints Question

Ken, as I understand it, the front inner = CV can be replaced with the same CV used on the rear half-shaft but there is = a limitation: the front CV requires a greater operating angle than the = rear CV's were designed for. So if you rarely go off road, where extreme axle = angles are possible, you will probably get away with using rear CV's on the front = inners but be prepared to replace them more frequently.
-Larry

KENWILFY@AOL.COM wrote:

Had a question about the inner front CV joints for a Syncro Vanagon.  = A
customer of mine insists that these are the same are the rear CV = joints
(inner and = outter).  However in my parts computer we have two different = part
numbers.
251 498 = 103A,   Joint Kit, Inner FT
251 598 101, Joint Kit Rear
I have a picture of the front inner joint kit and they = look exactly the same.
 Anyone that knows for sure that these are the same = please email me.

Thanks,
Ken Wilford =
John 3:16 =
www.vanagain.com