Hey Vanagang,
A friends Diesel-to-gas Jetta engine conversion (Digifant 2) has a constant
running fuel pump when the key is turned on, but not the starter. The fuel
pump should shut off after a couple seconds, but it just stays on.

The fuel pump relay and fuel pump is wired correctly, the red-yellow from ECU
terminal 3 is connected to 85 on the fuel pump relay as it should.

The ECU controls the ground for the fuel pump relay.

A tach signal to the ECU keeps the fuel pump relay grounded.

I was told the AFM can turn the pump on if the wiper is stuck open-I guess I
should look at this. But the engine runs well.
Any ideas on where to troubleshoot will sure will be appreciated!

Robert

Robert Keezer
1982 Westfalia
1983.5 Sunroof Vanagon