There are a number of Freeware/Shareware programs that will do this for you:
Take a look at http://www.download.com and search on "Car maintenance" and you will see a bunch of them.

I'm looking at a bunch right now to see which, if any, fit my needs.

Todd
'88 Westy

Steve Gough wrote:

Hello List Having recently bought an '86 Westy with 188K on it and having received ALL its maintenancerecords, I have decided to make up a simple Excel spreadsheet to track what wasreplaced when and at what mileage (in preparation for replacing a lot of stuff myself). After spending about an hour on it (maybe 1/3 the way through records) it occured to methat someone else on the list may have made up a fancier spreadsheet.  If so, couldyou send it to me? When I am done, I will send this sheet to all who are interested.  Note that it is VERYsimple, but will show how long components lasted (in years and mileage) for thisfairly well-treated and maintained van.  Also rough cost for parts/repair. Steve'86 Westy, St. Louis, Missouri