Since the o2 senser is in the news = here lately,  I am wondering if anything would be hurt(other than ozone) = by permanently disconnecting the booger.   My 84 frequently had = the famed symptoms until I dc'd the o2 senser and then they cleared up.  Bus = depot sent me a brand new one which I installed per the instructions, but the = problem resurfaced.   Again, said symptoms are :
 frequent loss of power on the = highway, whereupon the van won't get over 60 mph or pass anything even when florred,
very rough = idle
very poor response to the accel pedal,
horrible gas mileage

***DOES THE O2 SENSER READ WRONG AND = FOUL THINGS IF THE CAT HAS BEEN REPLACED BY A STRAIGHT PIPE?  THE CAT IS DISTAL = TO IT, BUT PERHAPS A CHANGE IN FLOW IS SCREWING UP THESIGNAL TO THE = "BRAIN."

Again, without the senser, the van ran wonderfully = for several days and I'm thinking it's better to run with the exhaust a little dirty = than to get 10 mpg and have NO power.
Can I just disconnect this for good?
Jay in Windiana