A couple of weeks ago I asked for help = in solving my van's leaky rear heater, and many of you were kind enough to = send suggestions.  Thank you.

Now the saga has taken a new = turn.  The core was not leaking.  Neither were the connections of the hoses to the heater.  The leak is where the plastic valve connects to the = plastic housing at the side of the core.  The leak develops when the water = is hot and a slight side to side pressure is applied to the connection by = flexing the cutoff valve to each side.

Since only two bolts are used to secure = the two plastic fittings together, there is no way to tighten the connection at = the edges where water is leaking.

Does anyone have any idea for solving = this problem?  Any help would be appreciated.  Right now I have the = hoses clamped off.

George
Columbus, GA