I am answering my own question in the interest of = the archives.

In order to pressure bleed the brakes and clutch = using my air compressor I bought a very nice adapter from Assenmacher Tools www.asttool.com . It threads on = to all VW hydraulic fluid reservoirs, and allows a standard air hose fitting to be = attached.  It was $32.  I bought a bunch of other misc. air = hose stuff including an air pressure regulator($16).  So now I can connect the = bleeder to the air compressor at 2-2.5 bar as per Bentley and bleed the hydraulics.  The procedure on this is to remove all the old fluid = from the reservoir and put new fluid in, then attach the bleeder.  = Bleed the brakes/clutch and top off the reservoir.  Bled my clutch in minutes:-)

I also bought a generic VW coolant cap from Autozone = (looks just like a standard Vanagon cap, it was even blue) for = $6.   Then I used a 1/4" drill bit to drill the cap out in = order to bypass the valving.  Then I attached an air hose to the stem of the = radiator cap and a fitting to attach it to the air pressure = regulator.  This allows me to put any amount of presuure (never more than 30psi) to = the cooling system to check for leaks.

Works like a charm:-)

Cory
'90 Syncro Westy