I have done this more times that I would like to think about on all sorts of
VWs (Jettas, Buses, Vanagons, Golfs, etc).  We have it down to a science, but
basically if you get a "come-along", you can attach it to either the tow
vehicle or the front of the dolly itself, and pull the van up on the dolly
this way.  One person can do it alone, and the come along you need is only
the small one that uses a cable that you could pick up at home depot for
under $50.  Be sure that the dolly is already hooked up to the tow car before
you put the van on it.  That is pretty much it.  If you are towing a manual
van, a two wheel tow dolly is fine.  If you are towing an automatic you need
to get a flat-tow trailer as you can ruin the auto tranny by towing it with
the rear wheels on the ground.  Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ken Wilford
John 3:16
www.vanagain.com