Hi Fellow Vanagoneers;
I'm brand new to the list, and my first request for help concerns = my "Rear Heat Exchanger".  I had replaced 2 years ago with a new one after = the old one was leaking.  This past fall though the new one began to squeak = at times when the blower was turned on.  After a couple of weeks of = this, one evening I noticed smoke coming up from the back of my 84 Westy.  I = parked and checked it out and found the plastic near the electrical = connectors leading to the blower had melted.  (source of the smoke).  I disconnected the connectors, wrapped them with electrical tape and am = planning to replace something.  Although I'm not exactly sure what.  = I'm guessing the fan wouldn't turn due to something so far unknown and that = heated up the electrical system, melting the plastic.  Do you think I can = just replace the fan portion or do I need to replace the whole unit = again???

Thanks;
William Abeyta
1984 Westfalia