When that hand came through MY = window,I'd have rolled it up ASAP and seen how many fingers were left when he finally = got it out.  A cigarette butane lighter might've been fun.  Hell, he = didn't need that set of fingerprints anyway, he's got another set on the other hand.  Visegrip could've removed at least a couple fingernails, but = time was short and to decide which to do first

DM&FS

----- Original Message -----
From: Mick Kalber
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Saturday, February 10, = 2001 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: road rage...my = first experience tonite.. LOCK YOUR DOORS!!!

I suppose everybody has a road rage = story... here's mine...

I pulled out onto a four lane divided = highway just behind a truck... as I started to overtake the truck on the left, = he cut me off without a turn signal, slowed and went into the left turn = lane, again without a turn signal.  I swung past him on the right and = made the mistake of flipping him off as I went by.

He aborted his turn and chased me to = the next stoplight... jumped out of his van and started screaming.  I put = the window most of the way up and locked the door.  He wanted me out = of the car so we could beef... I wanted no part of him.  so he reaches = through the slit of the window that was open (maybe two inches or so and = smacks me in the nose with the side of his hand... got me good.

Got his plate number and the name of = his company (it was on the side of the truck... duh!).  Went straight to the = police department and reported the incident.  Called the company up when = I got home and told them their employee had assaulted me and I had reported = it to the police.  they knew exactly who I was talking about and = aplogized profusely... seems they'd had trouble with him before.  Next = think I know he's calling me, pleading with me to drop the charges or he'll lose = his job.  I probably should have taken him to court, but I gave him a = break (after he almost gave my nose the same treatment).

But I learned several valuable = lessons... don't flip anybody off... you never know what kind of a nut case they may = be.  And in case of confrontation, roll the window all the way up.  = I'm no fighter... self preservation is much more important than proving the = size of my genitals.  And drive defensively... there is no future in = getting someplace two minutes faster... who cares?  Besides, if I'm = interested in arrival time, what am I doing in a vanagon?

Mick Kalber
89 Syncro Westy "Daddeo"
Tropical Visions Video, Inc.
62 Halaulani = Place