When I did my 84, I had to drop the = expansion tanks in the wheel wells and as I recall that's where you get to the T's from. = The tank was most of the way back up before the crossover pipe would fit in.

Joe
----- Original Message -----
From: Max/Joyce = Wellhouse
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2001 = 2:46 AM
Subject: Help w/Gas Tank Vent repair?

Afte buying mr. Wilfy's gas fumes = fixit kit, I follow his website instructions and wonder if his van and mine arethe = same vehicles.  The problem I'm having is getting the cross piece = barbs pushed back into the top of the gas tank(90GL).  Tried with the tank up, = the tank on the ground, and the rear of the tank dropped so I can access = the holes from the back and still no luck.  My factory cross piece was also = clamped to the body  at the top and with space being so tight up there, I = don't see how I'm going to tighten the screw holding that clamp once I do = get the barbs pushed back into the holes.

One listee if memory serves, said = they spent about 1/2 hour doing the repair, I'd like to know the short cut on = this job!!  My forearm size won't allow me the reach over the top = to push them in, and access from the sides is apparently non-existent.  Help!

Dimwitted moose andFlying Squirrel