<<<Most people SHOULD keep the WBX engine but you are doing a disservice to
them by telling them the counterweighted crank will keep it from throwing
rods..>>>

All I am doing is passing on the information that I have learned from others
that have been there and discovered better ways to do things than "factory."

Have you been to the Gene Berg Enterprises web and looked at the technical
information there?

http://www.geneberg.com/
http://www.geneberg.com/crankshaft.htm

How much do you know about the T1 T4 engines, the problems that developed and
the way the VW engineers fixed a problem only to create another problem? And
the way after market solved problems VW created (some are junk but there are
good items out there)

One:
The 8 mm head studs were constantly pulling from the case.  VW came up with
10 mm studs and case savers: Bigger threads in the case problem solved...well
the studs started breaking in half... They then went to 10 mm ends and 8 mm
shafts...No more breaking or pulling out studs.  The 10 mm studs did not grow
with engine and were over stressed and broke.
There are bigger head studs for the WBX, but I think that they will create
the same problem that VW faced when they tried that.

The rod breakage
can be attributed to the longer stroke on a
un-counterweighted crank according to many.

It is NOT MY idea, BUT others before me that researched this and discovered
it.  VW wants to make a car last only so long, so you will have to buy a new
car or part...

I heard about a tire company that made a tire so good, that they soon went
out of business because they had no repeat business...

<<<No..sorry I'm in a manufacturing envrioment here and if you change the
crank, rods pistons as they did with the 2.1 it would NOT have cost ANY MORE
to have made a 2.5..>>>

New crank molds, more material, redesign needed, etc., would be needed, VW
was working on a 3.2L flat 6, but they moved to the Eurovan and front wheel
drive before it was released (all in past post to the list...).

You can buy the 3.2L in Germany today IF you have enough money.