In preparation for a trip south in 3 weeks in "Pooh," our 87 Westy, I am
looking the cooling system and fuel distribution system which has never been
replaced.  I was noticing that the steel coolant pipe that runs on the left
lower area of the engine compartment has develops several rust "blisters."
Might this be surface scale from say a rock that nicked the surface, or is it
likely that the pipe is about to blow?  I have always been concerned about
the rubber parts, but I am wondering about the steel now.  In the area of
fuel distribution, I have never replaced the rubber fuel lines that connect
to the fuel rails and injectors.  They are quite hard.  It looks to me as
though they are crimped into the injector, and screwed onto the rail...does
this mean that the whole injector has to be replaced?  Is there a particular
type of hose that is best to use?
Thanks for your assistance,
Finn Runyon
87 GL Westy