Hello Volks,

I am very seriously considering buying a 1986 Syncro = Double-Cab.
The truck was used by the U.S. Forces in Germany.
This Doka has the MV engine code 2.1 wasserboxer.
The dilemma that I have is whether or not the truck is  really = a Syncro16".
Currently it has the 16" wheels on it ,the current owner = swears up and down that it is a 16"
It does not have the fender flares like the one on = Vanagon.com.
I was under the impression that the Syncro 16" was built from 1989 = to 1992.
Does any one know exactly when production started and ended?
I have seen a August of 1992 Syncro 16" for sale before, was that = the last month of production?
Perhaps there are some current or former U.S. forces members that = could shed some light on this.
I know that it was common for the Syncro 16" to be used by various = Armed Forces.
I know that the Canadians, Dutch, Belgian, and Danish used them, I = wonder if the Americans used them?

Thanks
Glen Cook
Proud new owner of a 1991 Double-Cab and
possibly a 1986 Syncro 14'/16"? Double-Cab