I already knew about this problem with my '91 Carat Vanagon (auto) and if
people call to order hoses from me, I explain the problem to them in advance.
 There is a very simple (and cheaper way) to replace that expensive "T" hose.
 You just replace the coolant distributor ($24) with the older style one
(this should be replaced when doing hose changes as they go bad over time as
well), then then you get the N 902 873 03- $33.70 and a new tranny cooler
hose 025121104D- ($50.15)(I have these in stock).  Altogether you spend
$107.85 instead of $123.30 for the "T" hose and you get all new hoses and a
new coolant distributor.  Cheaper and better.  This is the way I like to do
things, and it also shows the difference between just selling parts and
knowing the vehicles (saves you money every time).

Thanks,
Ken Wilford
John 3:16
www.vanagain.com