Hi all,
I have an 82 diesel (converted to 83 = gti) with a strange problem. when I tried to start it this morning,it turned over = normally for a moment, then stopped. next attempt I got a click click click click = from the back, then all of a sudden nothing worked. No lights, no radio, etc. = I tried turning it over again, very weak glow from idiot lights. waited a few = seconds, tried again, Click, nothing, a repeat of the first attempt. here is the = strange part- on a couple of attempts, my stereo turned itself on. The stereo is = always hot, have to turn it off manually, so it was definitely hot. I had = thought earlier his week I had noticed a little lag time between turning the key = and the actual start, also one day I got into it, started fine, but all my radio = preset were wiped clean.

This van has't had many electrical = problems, I am stumped. I did have to replace the load reduction relay a couple weeks = ago, but other than that.....
Could it be the ignition switch, my gti = fuel pump relay, internal short in the battery? any ideas? this car is my only transportation, so any help would be appreciated.
Don