I had a similar problem - seems that the assembly that holds the brushes for the motor can self-destruct.

Anyway, first remove the wiper arm from the outside of the hatch.
Then remove the three bolts on the triangular metal bracket that holds the wiper motor.
The assembly should then be free to lift out.

Todd
'88 Westy
chrisadubs wrote:

Is there a simple way to remove the rear wiper assembly?  I had everythingdisconnected but the linkage where its passes through the hatch could not figure outa way to disconnect it.  It seems the motor is getting voltage, but the tape wrappedaround the motor is quite toasted.Thanks, Chris1986 Westy