Hi

I finally saved up enough to get a new = starter for my '82 diesel Vanagon to get her back on the road. I stopped by the = local AutoZone in Woodstock, VA yesterday to find that they are all out and = cannot get one from the manufacturer. Their price was $120. Has anyone got a = suggestion where I can get another for a reasonable price? I would like to keep my = old one also if possible.

Also, how difficult is it to change it? = It looks more difficult and hard to reach than the ones I have changed before on = my diesel pickup and Rabbits. Is there anything I should look out = for?

Plans are also to go to a number 2 = cable for the positive battery cable which I have already done with the negative and = switch to a group 24 Ford battery for more cranking amps.

Many thanks in advance.

Jim