In a message dated 3/1/01 12:25:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
eshultz@GENUITY.COM writes:

I noticed that the stock Vanagon Syncro lug nuts don't mate up properly
with Passat steel wheels. Because of this, i'm only catching about 3/4 of
the threads in the lug nuts.
Any concerns or solutions? I wonder if the stock Passat lug nuts will work
better?

use longer studs.   ie, studs from a porsche 911 fit.  thats what i used on
the rear of my 2wd vanagon to mount the audi wheels.    tho, if the passat
wheels are steel, theyre thinner than the alloys, and you shouldnt be having
a prob?   did you remove those 2 little bolts that hold the drum to the stub
axle? you need to do that.
chris