Hello List,  I need your assistance once again.
The other day one of my headlights went out, it was raining and I didn't feel
like changing the bulb so used my brights(high-beams).  Yesterday the brights
quit working, well they did work but only when the lever was physically held
down, they did not stay on by themselves.  When the rain took a break I went
to change the burnt bulb and when I put everything back together, neither of
the headlights worked when I flipped the switch. The parking lights do work,
however.  And the high beams still work when the lever is physically held
down.
I checked the fuses under the dash, all okay and checked the headlights while
the engine was running.  What should I check next?  The switch?  Please let
me know if you have experienced this problem before and how you resolved it.
Thank you for all you do!
-Loretta
87 Syncro GL