I almost cut my hair, no, wait ... I = almost sold my vanagon westie, Buster.  I hope he forgives me, but I was starting = to loose faith.  I bought him 4-5 months ago, and I havent been able to = register him yet, do to whatever tangle of problems there are, probably including it = not smogging, me not knowing what to do about that, and whats more, it not = even making it thru the smog test cause it overheats.  Man, I was feelin = blue and low down.  Then I was looking thru CraigsList, which is an = online bulletin board / want-ad / message thingy here in (beautiful) San Francisco, when I saw an ad for a 1973 Dodge Dart for sale.  I must = admit, I started to have adulterous thoughts.  A '73?  No need = for a smog check!  I admit, I went to see it.  I even drove = it.  It ran nice, the engine sounded great, it was beautiful!  Wait a minute, = the woman selling it is beautiful too.  This is some kind of weird = paradise.  But then no, I started to catch on.  It was just a case of the = grass is greener on the other side.  It didnt actually drive that = great.  It was so low i felt like i was sitting on the pavement.  And the = action was pretty boat-like, no matter what you Dart-fans say!  And braking = was a just plain scarey experience.  Hmmm.  Maybe what I have with Buster = isn't so bad after all ... Maybe we can work things out.  Yeah, that's = it!  I'm gonna keep going.  He's not perfect, and neither am I.  = But he carries me around regardless, so Ill drive him around = regardless.

-steve and buster

by the way, what happened to the = beautiful woman selling the dart?  I must admit, I asked her out.  And I must = admit, she said no.