Marty;
        I use Prestone's orange 5 = year stuff. For heads and gaskets: busdepot, ken wilford, boston bob, AVP, or = check archives.

Ken Lewis
http://neksiwel.20m.com

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:19:49 -0500 marty <ricin@MEDIAONE.NET> writes:
Hello - I just joined the = group and I have a '85 Vanagon I bought in December for $1000. I now have the money = to fix the head gasket leak and dead battery. I've been doing lots of research = on the net so what's the scoop on ordering anti-freeze and head = gaskets from Germany? Is that the best way to get gaskets & anti-freeze? What= about ordering/finding curtains for the side windows? anyone ever do that= to their van? and finally how do I know what "model" my vanagon is? The vanagon.com site doesn't have the '85 listed in its info/years/ section! = I hope I'm not asking to much at once here :) The battery is my first = priority so any info regarding this would be appreciated. Then it's on to the head= gaskets and tune-up and exhaust muffler and curtains and carpet and....

Thanks!!
Marty
'85 Vanagon
(status: driveway decoration)