In a message dated 3/14/01 8:46:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, jbrush@AROS.NET
writes:

vinyl seats, and rubber floor mats, no cloth or carpet.  no tach.
>usually no power steering. in other words - a PANEL VAN WITH WINDOWS AND
>SEATS.

And a great machine to take care of. Sand from the beach? Dirt from the
trail? Mud from just about anywhere? No sweat, let it dry, sweep it out
and its as good as new. After using this plain jane, I have a hard time
convincing myself to upgrade to a vanagon with carpet (although I am
hoping to get my cloth front seats cleaned enuff to use them) Maybe I am
just slow to convert ;)

a friend of mine used to have a 71 Kombi..  it was great..just hosed out the
cargo area when it got dirty, no interior panels in the rear to hold water.
didnt even have to worry about standing water in the van after washing it
out.
it just drained thru the rust holes in the floor :<)
chris