----- Original Message -----
From: Zoltan
To: vwvanagon@gerry.vanagon.com
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2001 = 8:11 PM
Subject: Water inside = head

Water entered the cylinders and = I am busy trying to take either the head off or the whole engine out.
Should I rather take the engine out = or is it worth leaving it in and change the gaskets while the engine is = in.  Or do I have to do both side even in this case.  The other side is OK still.
It's not a corrosion case this time I = think.
What do you guys say?
Zoltan
Also the rear heatshield is in the = way and the book is not talking about it.  It seems to be in the way of = engine removal when I want to slide the engine backwards to get the shaft out = of the tranny...