Well, I parked my 85 Westy on my near-vertical = driveway today, nose up, and undid the bleeder bolt on the radiator.  Sure enough, = dry as a bone.  After topping off the expansion tank and ensuring there was = the proper level of coolant in the overflow tank I started him up and let = him warm up real good until coolant started coming out of the partially open = radiator bleeder.  Then tightened down the bleeder bolt and shut down the engine.  The coolant light never came on once during the entire = process and the temp guage went back to its normal mid range position.  Have I = fixed the problem?  I'll let you know.

Dave in KC
85 Westy
http:/= /members.fortunecity.com/davebaker1/westy/westy.htm