There's a Poznan in Poland.  Not far from where = I grew up.  But I do not recall any VWs being assembled in Poland, = especially in the mid-80's.  Fiat, maybe, but not VW.

Chris,

'85 Westy.
----- Original Message -----
From: Double-Cab Guy
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 = 10:39 PM
Subject: Where is Poznan?

Hi Volks,

I recently received a letter from VW A.G. with = the build date and location of my newest Double-Cab.
The letter states that the model is "247GC5" .
I know 247 is a Double-Cab but what = is this "CG5" on the end?
The letter goes on to state that the vehicle = was built on the 28th of November 1985 in Poznan.
Where is Poznan?
I have never herd of that assembly plant. =
I thought all Syncro = T3's were built in Gaz Austria?
According to the letter my new Double-Cab was = originally sold to the U.S.-Army on the 14 of April 1986.
Can any one shed some light on this little = mystery for me?

Also for those of you that are interested the = e-mail address for the VW corporate archives section is
mailto:unternehmenserchi= v@volkswagen.de

Thanks
Glen = Cook