Hi Steve O,

I have a Caravelle GL. I have seen a couple in the ACT and NSW in my travels recently.

My GL has the following

7 seater configuration
Upholstery through the whole van
Carpet all the way through

The Previous owner had the Central Air-conditioning (Runs along the ceiling) put in it as well. Back in 1991 he paid around approx $3000 to have it installed. Lucky us. It's one of the best AC Units I've had in a vehicle.

The Caravelle GL I think was close to top of line release here in Australia due to the tax on continental cars at the time. I think there may have been some Carat's as I have seen some in Sydney some years ago.

The Caravelle GL is void of useful things like electric mirrors, power windows, A/C and cruise control. I may stand corrected on this.

I've seen another GL here in Canberra that has black bumpers (mine's got chrome) and looks very "transporterish" inside.

When we catch up I'll even let you have a sit in it!!!!

On another subject are you going to the VW Show on April the 14th at Fairfield Showgrounds?? I'll ask this question on our Australian List.

Chris

Christopher W. Mundy
89 Caravelle GL
Canberra, Australia