From: Dennis = Lockwood
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 = 9:46 PM
Subject: Re: [VANAGON] Bus = Transport by Train?

Brian, =

The only Amtrak train that offers the ability for one to ship one's car while
riding in Amtrak comfort (oxymoron) is the Auto Train.  It = runs from suburban
Washington, DC to the Orlando Florida area.  Not = quite the destination of
your choice.  I do not know of anyone shipping = a private auto by rail (the
big 3 auto manufacturers ship new cars = by rail daily).  I do not believe that
the private railroads want the = business that you are seeking.  The major rail
carriers would = be glad to ship multiple car loads of a commodity for you
though. =  Sorry, but this is the nature of private enterprise in the 21st
century. =  But don't let me discourage you.  Keep looking, good luck and enjoy =
your trip.

Dennis Lockwood
91 Carat
Original Owner =