----- Original Message -----
From: Double-Cab Guy
To: Vanagon ; Syncro@yahoogroups.com =
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2001 = 3:39 PM
Subject: [Syncro] Where is = Poznan?

Hi Volks,

I recently received a letter from VW A.G. with = the build date and location of my newest Double-Cab.
The letter states that the model is "247GC5" .
I know 247 is a Double-Cab but what = is this "CG5" on the end?

GC5 is the option code (yours has a MV engine)

The letter goes on to state that the vehicle = was built on the 28th of November 1985 in Poznan.

Poznan is the factory in Poland used after = 1995 and signified by an X in the VIN.
I think that there is an error here. Your = van's VIN should be WV2***25*GG******.
WV2=VW commercial
25=Type25 (Vanagon)
G=1986 Model (built after August = 1985)
G=Gratz factory in Austria

Let me know if I am wrong.

Phill Lander

http:/= /www.ozemail.com.au/~pjlander/volkswagen_syncro.htm

Also for those = of you that are interested the e-mail address for the VW corporate archives = section is
mailto:unternehmenserchi= v@volkswagen.de

Thanks
Glen = Cook