I have had the very unfortunate experience of dealing with David Urbano
(email address durbano@eclipse.net) who recently posted to this list that he
had a 90 Vanagon for sale in North New Jersey.  I called him and asked him
about the van.  It had around 150k miles on it, the motor is bad (this is all
I can get from him or the dealer that looked at the van).  I asked him how
much he wanted for the van.  He said $800.  I said that I would check with my
towing people and get back to him.  I found out that I could get it towed for
$300 so I called him back to see if he would go $700 so I would have $1000
total invested.  He said he would think about it and to call him in the
morning.  I called him the next day and he agreed to the $700, and I
immediately sent him the money via priority mail envelope.  However
yesterday, after he got the money for the van, he emails me and tells me that
he has gotten a few other offers and that I either need to double the amount
of money I had already sent him, or he would sell the van to someone else.  I
told him that this is not the way I do business.  We made a deal which I
upheld my end on and now he has decided to back out for no other reason
except selfish greed.  When you do a dirty trick to someone like this, I
think it is only fair to warn other people against this person (who knows
what else they are being dishonest about as far as the condition of the
vehicle, etc).  I am not saying that the van is not worth more, or that
someone else wouldn't pay more for it, etc, but HE was the one that set the
price of $800 initially and then agreed to the $700 (I didn't low ball him,
he low balled himself).  I wanted to buy the van, sight unseen (a risky
thing) because the price was so good.  Now that he is doubling the price
after our verbal contract, I just wanted to warn others to avoid this guy.
About 99% of the time you can trust people in our community to do exactly (if
not even more) than what they promise, and for this I am grateful.  It really
just makes people like Dave even more annoying.

I have emails to back up what I say if you want to see what he wrote me (this
letter is actually being nice if you read the junk he sent me).

Just FYI,
Ken Wilford
John 3:16
www.vanagain.com