Brian, actually I did finish that AT conversion and it worked out great.  If
you held your foot on the gas the tranny wouldn't shift until 4200 rpm (this
is right about where you need it with the 2.0l engine), but if you weren't in
a rush it would shift around 3400 rpm (which is good since it doesn't let the
engine get too buzzy in normal driving).  I liked the way the van felt the on
the highway too.  At 65 mph you were running at around 4500 rpm, but the
engine didn't seem any louder to me than the waterboxer would be at this
speed and it also seemed smoother and you had more power for passing.  All of
this should be taken in the light of the fact that the motor was brand new
and still hasn't fully broken in yet!  I only put around 100 miles on it so I
am expecting a increase in power once the engine actually gets broken in
(other Tii conversion people confirm this).  The customer was happy to have
the van back and was pleased with the fit and finish of the conversion.  Hope
this helps you.

Thanks,
Ken Wilford
John 3:16