Hi all,    After rebuilding a 2.1, I = torqued the heads on by the book with a new German gasket set. The engine ran = good and did not leak. After running the engine only a few miles I put the = Vanagon away for a few days planning to button things up when I had time. In two days = I happened to notice the passenger side head was starting to leak coolant. = I looked at the gasket on the top of  the head on the front corner = and the gasket was pushed out funny. I took the head off and the new rubber = gasket had a diagonal split about 3/4 inch long that cut the sealing face of the = gasket in two. Has this happened to anyone else or did I just get a bad gasket? = The heads are the original heads that came off of the engine. Any ideas?  The = gaskets had the VW mark on them so I assume they are OEM.
Thanks,  Todd Francis