Marshall is right.  But be aware, if you have = an asphalt drive, that oil will gradually dissolve the tar-sand mix.  As I = remember my chemistry, TSP shouldn't further damage asphalt, but if you're cleaning = up oil spills on asphalt, go carefully.  A few years back I put some holes = into asphalt with a std. pressure hose nozzle - where the oil spills had been = standing for some time, loosening the material.  Best practice for = concrete and asphalt is don't let oil (or other) spills stand too long.

Jim
----- Original Message -----
From: Marshall Ruskin
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 = 8:17 AM
Subject: Re: Vanagon was = here

Spray some water, sprinkle TSP = (trisodium phosphate) onto water, enough to form a paste, brush vigorously with a = stiff brush, wait 30 min, hose off, dilute the runoff tremendously if possible....

You can get TSP at WallMart in the = home paint department. It's a powder and comes in many size packages, and is a = good staple to keep in your dangerous goods cabinet.

Wear gloves.

Good luck

Marshall Ruskin
84 Westy