I can still get a 12' canoe in and out = of my 90 GL with the ducting in place.  I would think you'd be more concerned = about height than width.

Dimwitted Moose and Flying = Squirrel
----- Original Message -----
From: Christopher T. Berchin
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 = 7:44 PM
Subject: Rear Opening Dimension = Needed on Vanagon

Hi everyone.  I'm still learning about the Vanagon and all = its iterations, and I just learned that later vans have a rear A/C system = that reduces the width of the rear opening.  I managed to find a = picture of this (nice shot of it on www.vanagon.com in the 1990 dealer brochure), and it sure does reduce the = opening.  Can someone out there with a van like this measure the inside width of the = rear opening?  I measured an earlier van without this when I first got = the idea of getting a Vanagon, and that was plenty wide.  However, = this A/C duct could change things.  Can anyone help?  Thanks a = ton!

Chris