Listees;
I have been ridin' the archives looking for some info. on painting my '90
westi.  I have found a few good articles about both paint/prep/etc.  What I
am truely looking for are those of you who have painted your vans a different
other than original.  My westi is currently a beige/gold sort of "silver"
(not sure exactly what paint code is) and would really like to paint it
inside and out a green metalic.  The van itself is in good condition except
for a bit of seam rust on drivers side and a small ding on the sliding door
from PO.  I am not afraid of tearing the van apart (i.e: cabinetry, pop top,
seating, side panels, etc.)
My question isfor those who have done a complete paint job....what can I
truely leave in there,  do I have to tear out the decorative (?) coverings on
areas like the pillar behind driver/passenger.  The dash, what.........
I plan on getting this started come warmer weather and am just now in the
planning stages ...just preping myself.
The van is going to be getting a complete overhaul.....in the next year so it
will last me a life time.

TIA
jon
90' westi      '88 gl