Volks,

I did the relay stuff. Tapped into the = wires after the dimmer switch like some websites have on their = instructions.

http://catalog.com/su= sq/hella/headlamp.htm

Also list member Ken Lewis's site  = has the dimmer tip also. That's where I got it.

I ordered the regular hella h4's with = the standard bulbs.

After I put them in I started wondering = if my insurance company (state farm) would have a problem with these 'not 50 = state legal' lights. I called my State Farm agent and they didn't have a = problem with them. I imagine they are for any thing that would reduce the deer/car = collision claims.

I read a website from a vendor and he = claims that headlights are governed by State and local county laws. He says the H4's = are specifically legal in 4 US states.
Here is a website with some information = ( I don't know if he's right or not!)

http://lighting.mbz.org/
=

 I called my county sheriff and = they didn't have a problem with them. In fact the State Patrolman I talked to was = quite interested in where he could get a set for his wife's car. We have quite = a deer problem in Nebraska ( or from the deer's point of view there is a people = problem).

Happy Motoring,

Mark Ingalls
85 GL w/ Agilis tires, digitool, H4's, = new fuel ones, new coolant hoses. Now I just need a decent sound system and also = get those 'torn boot' ball joint's looked at.