This post is for a friend of mine here in Peru, the = symptoms have been tested by me also.

After starting the 85 Vanagon GL, Digijet, = Manual Tranny in the morning, the idle is errant for about 3 minutes, after this it = stays at normal idle for a couple of minutes and then erratic again (for periods = it accelerates and rest, on and on) until disconecting the Temp sensor, = then the vehicle stays accelerated but stable.
It also burns a lot of Gas.

I´m thinking of taking a reading on this sensor = measures, can anybody please tell me the paramenters (range) of work for the Temp. sensor?   Also the AFM?

Many thanks in advance

Javier Zavala
84 German Westy
01 Prospector Hovercraft