From: George Averill [mailto:averill@LDL.NET]
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2001 3:43 PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Sliding Door Problem Revisited

An apology to all who haven't received a reply.  The computer crashed and took all of the messages and addresses with it.  Wouldn't you believe it, I was in the process of backing up everything. I may have sent a confusing message.  It's not the handle to the 84 vanagon sliding door that is broken.  It's the sliding-door lock that appears to be broken or very worn.  Not the lock in the handle, but the mechanism where the handle connects.  The handle has a great deal of play in it when opening the door.  The bottom of the handle will hit the door if it isn't held away.  I thought the attaching screw might be loose, but that wasn't the case. I have the panel off if the door, but haven't located a replacement part.  Several people sent replies, but I think they were in response to a replacement handle, and not the lock itself. I couldn't find a listing at busdepot for the lock.  Only found what appeared to be the handle. I need to locate a replacement lock mechanism and the plastic clips for reattaching the panel. Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help. George84