drew@BOMB-PROOF.COM writes:

I was trolling around at my local wrecker and happened on a Vanagon with
an AC system over the driver's seat area. The hoses ran from the engine
area under the van, then up the passenger's-side pillar just forward of
the sliding door. The temperature controls and vents were all situated
up on the ceiling. It looked to be about an '83 or '84 van. Has anyone
seen this before? I obviously haven't, but was wondering if I could
transplant this into my 83.5. I'd be happy to sacrifice my headliner for
some cool in the summer. Pros, cons, experiences?
TIA,

thats the stock oem vw dealer installed a/c system pre 86.   theyre all like
that if you ordered a/c at the dealer on a pass van till 86.   nothing odd
about it.
no, it wont fit a westy either.. :<(
chris
2 '84 vans w/ the front mounted overhead a/c.....