An apology to all who haven't received = a reply.  The computer crashed and took all of the messages and = addresses with it.  Wouldn't you believe it, I was in the process of backing = up everything.

I may have sent a confusing = message.  It's not the handle to the 84 vanagon sliding door that is broken.  It's the = sliding-door lock that appears to be broken or very worn.  Not the = lock in the handle, but the mechanism where the handle connects.  The = handle has a great deal of play in it when opening the door.  The bottom of the = handle will hit the door if it isn't held away.  I thought the attaching = screw might be loose, but that wasn't the case.

I have the panel off if the door, but = haven't located a replacement part.  Several people sent replies, but I = think they were in response to a replacement handle, and not the lock = itself.

I couldn't find a listing at busdepot = for the lock.  Only found what appeared to be the handle.  =

I need to locate a replacement lock = mechanism and the plastic clips for reattaching the panel.

Thanks in advance to anyone who may be = able to help.

George
84