While driving to get some gear for my shifter kart, I spied a 1984 = Vanagon in one of the used car lots.  I couldn't believe it!  So I = whipped the car around to check it out.  Details:

1984 brown and tan 7-passenger
Odo says 127,000 miles - could be wrong
Automatic
Some rust visible behind passenger side front door
Van has some dents, paint is shot, rear bumper missing = trim, some areas with rust.
Interior decent - seats not ripped - but not mint
Does NOT have Weekended rear seat
Tires ok, but probably could be replaced
There was a spot of coolant under the rear left, and I actually = watched it drip once while checking out the van.

Sign in the windshield says $1550.  What do the experts think = it is worth?  It obviously needs a head gasket job.

On the good side, the van was unlocked, so I checked it = out.  I haven't been in one since 1984, so this was a refresher course for = me.  I think a Vanagon would do nicely for my shifter kart = transporting duties.  Seems big enough to hold all the stuff, but not giant like = a full-size van or something.  Plus it's a lot = cooler.  : )

Chris