I have just taken a 1.9 L apart and I = noticed, after I took off the valve cover that there was no oil in the area there.
This engine had no compression on the = first cylinder and also started to knock.
After taking off the cylinder head, I = noticed that the first had heavy wear on the lining.
Also all spark plugs were very heavily = loaded with black deposits.
I did not yet taken the liners out or = the pistons.
What is the reason for the apparent = lack of oil in the area?
What could have caused the failure in = the first cylinder?
What do I need to check, test and = do?
Would any of you know about = this?
I would certainly highly = appreciate the help now.

Zoltan