I am new to list and hope someone can = help me.  I just bought a 1986 Vanagon Westphalia with 149,000 miles on it.  Drove it from Baltimore to Wichita, KS, before I had the first = break down.  The CV joint went out.  Replaced all four joint and she = was running fine.

Took off for an over night trip to = Black Mesa, OK and several problems developed, the worst being that the = coolant light started blinking.  The temperature needle did not rise as long as I = was moving.  I pulled over and shut the engine off.  The fan was = not running.  I noticed on the driver's side of the engine there was a = black tube which runs the length of the engine that had a pinpoint stream of = coolant coming out of it.  I will replace the "black tube".  I would appreciate any suggestion and what else I should check or = replace.

Thank You  Jim Fitzgerald  = Liberal Kansas