In a message dated 4/14/2001 9:56:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Jonyqest22
writes:

hey Volks,
I know that this has been discussed discussed several times because I have
been serarching the archives.  However, I am still trying to determine a
couple of things.  What I am considering is ordering some alloy SA 15"
wheels if I can get my dirty, greasy, crap under my finger nails, metric
grabbing, numb, shadetree mech hand on some.  I still need to know the
repercussion of increasing wheel/tire size.  I read that it makes a greater
range of tires available for use, it might raise the van a bit higher for
clearance.........What I need clearified is:  Will it affect my mileage by
increasing it or decreasing it and (if its a negative affect) can a
different tranny set up offset this.
In general what are the negative to doing this.  I am interested more (call
me shallow) a more beefier look of my Westi w/out going overboard
(16"projecto (?) and w/out correctable consequences!!
TIA
jon
90' Westi

had to do it again