One of the wires is for the door buzzer. The others are for the interior light switch.
It should not be a fire hazard.
If you are lucky, you might be able to fish out the wires. However , if you can't you will have to rewire the switch.
I had to do this on my van.

WHat I did was remove the headliner, and run a fishing wire from the top of the windshield A pillar down to the hole for the door switch, and followed that with a new wire.

If you do this, I'd add a second interior light on the passenger side while you have the headliner down.

Todd
'88 Westy.

chrisadubs wrote:

Greetings,I pulled the switch from the inside of the door frame in an attempt to trouble shoot why my interior light sdo not come when the door opens.  Removed the screw and the switch basically fell out with three wires cut off.  I'd like to fix this but can't seem to get access to the other ends of the wires.  This is on the drivers side.  I was hoping to get it fixed before the blizzard we're expecting Monday and Tuesday.  Nay suggestions?  Is this a fire risk since there are three wires somewhere insdie the frame?Thanks, Chris in Whitehall. PA86 Westy