In a message dated 4/10/01 8:20:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
andrew.grebneff@STONEBOW.OTAGO.AC.NZ writes:

poor performance -- (not the way i drive :<)

poor economy --(yea, HUGE difference??)

poor reliability generally when compared to manual (Vanagons the exception)

--(yea, i believe we are talking about vanagons here, so i guess the poor
reliability rule

wouldnt apply considering the manual trannies all develop the 3/4 gear
slider hub crack problem :<)

changes gears at wrong times (can kill you in extreme cases...my diesel
Skyline tried!) --(dunno, never had an auto tranny try to kill me)

encourages lazy driving habits -- (whats your point?  we're AMERICANS,
we're already lazy :<)

chris